about launcher properties.

Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen kjetil1001 at gmail.com
Mon May 17 17:15:38 UTC 2010

Hola!

I need to understand better the "launcher properties" dialog box, and find
the gnome documentation unhelpfull.

I went to the launcer properties for "emacs23" in the "Applications" menu
(this is 10.04)
We have:
Name:           Gnu Emacs 23
Command:    /usr/bin/emacs23 %F

What does the ending "%F" mean?
On a related note, how can I (as in emacs) give a "prefix" command to this
menu
command, for instance adding some options, llike   "-Q"  to be added to the
menu command before being executed? is that possibe, how?

Kjetil
--
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make
empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have

St. Augustine, De Genesi ad Litteram, Book II, xviii, 37