webdav : digest authentication

Clément Février clement at forumanalogue.fr
Mon May 17 14:19:34 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm new on the list and I'm French, so maybe I'll have difficult to
express myself.

I'm trying to do a webdav on my apache server, but I can't connect. I'm
using Digest authentication.

cadaver http://www.forumanalogue.fr/webdav/
Authentication required for webdav on server `www.forumanalogue.fr':
Username: clement
Password:
Authentication required for webdav on server `www.forumanalogue.fr':
Username: clement
Password:
Could not open collection:
Could not authenticate to server: rejected Digest challenge
dav:/webdav/?

Here the logs :
[Wed May 12 16:42:13 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] GROUP: clement not
in required group(s).

I enable the following mod : dav dav_fs auth_digest
I create the password file in this way :
sudo htdigest -c /home/www/www/webdav/passwd.dav webdav clement

And I add this to my virtual host :

<Directory "/home/www/www/webdav/">
Options Indexes MultiViews
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
DAV On
AuthType Digest
AuthName "webdav"
AuthUserFile /home/www/www/webdav/passwd.dav
Require valid-user
</Directory>

I'm running on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx (kernel 2.6.32-22-generic),
apache version : 2.2.14-5ubuntu8

How to solve the problem ?

Thanks.

PS1 : I've got the same issue with basic authentication and if I put the
virtualhost in the /var partition

PS2 : I asked my question to many different communities : French Ubuntu
forum, French mailing list of Ubuntu, mailing list of apache, forum of
ubuntu.com. No answer. You're my last hope ^^

--
Clément Février
http://www.forumanalogue.fr/