Ubuntu Running on Low-Graphics Mode

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Sun May 16 23:58:37 UTC 2010

On 5/17/10, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  > *Ubuntu running on low-graphics Mode - Your screen, graphics card, and input
>  > device settings could not be detected correctly. You will need to configure
>  > these yourself.*

My machine, with on-board Intel graphics chip, usually runs fine but if
I leave it powered on but unused for a while, it gets itself to that
message.

>  > The machine stops at this point and cannot go further. I am able to login
>  > via text mode.

There's a menu presented. I've tried the obvious options without joy.
Restarting X gives a series of "broken pipe" errors, then hangs.
Reboot and all is well.