What format to use...???

Larry Shields larryesu at charter.net
Sun May 16 14:52:33 UTC 2010

On 05/15/2010 09:22 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 16/05/10 01:37, Christoph Bier wrote:
>
>> Larry Shields schrieb am 15.05.2010 14:30:
>>

>>> *I would like to know what format to use after downloading a movie...I
>>> have burned it to a dvd, it plays well on the pc, but not at all when I
>>> tried to watch it on TV...
>>>
>>> I know there are many formats one can use, but which one would be the
>>> best to use...
>>>
>>> Also which video converter is the best for this...???
>>>

>> You do not need to care about formats. Just use DeVeDe for creation
>> of video DVD.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Best
>> Christoph
>>

> Neat. Thanks for this. Now added to my audio/video tools library.
>
> BC

*Ok, well so far I have not been able to get any converted movies to
work on my dvd player for TV...I had bought DVD+RW's but a fellow who
worked where i purchased them told me that, that was my problem...I
needed to use DVD+R for it to work...Not sure why that should make any
difference, but it still does not work for me...

I did view a DVD movies properties, and it was showing .vob for the
extension so that is what I am thinking that they should be converted to
from .avi to .vob...???

So by any chance has anyone out there ran into this problem, or have
downloaded a movie off of the internet, made a DVD of it, and it worked,
being able to watch it using a dvd player & TV...For me I can watch the
dvd that I have created on my pc, but I do not like to watch a movie on
a 19" screen...

So if anyone can help me out here on this one I'd appreciate it very
much... ;-)

Thanks Larry
*