After upgrading from 9.10 to 10.04, no sound output

KOGA Takeshi tgb.koga.takeshi at gmail.com
Sun May 16 08:29:42 UTC 2010

Hello all

Last week I upgraded my ubuntu machine from 9.10 to 10.04.
It was succeeded on the whole, and I have gotten the issue of this mail subject.
On ubuntu 9.10, my machine was fine to output the sound. But now state
is different.

I find below state on my machine.
I suspect that /proc/asound/version should be 1.0.22.
If anyone have a idea to do that I should do the next, please tell me it.

$ cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.21.

$ dpkg -l | grep alsa
ii  alsa-base                             1.0.22.1+dfsg-0ubuntu3
                   ALSA driver configuration files
ii  alsa-utils                            1.0.22-0ubuntu5
                   ALSA utilities
ii  bluez-alsa                            4.60-0ubuntu8
                   Bluetooth audio support
ii  gstreamer0.10-alsa                    0.10.28-1
                   GStreamer plugin for ALSA
ii  libesd-alsa0                          0.2.41-6ubuntu1
                   Enlightened Sound Daemon (ALSA) - transition
rc  libsdl1.2debian-alsa                  1.2.13-4ubuntu4
                   Simple DirectMedia Layer (with X11 and ALSA