VirtualBox and iTunes

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Fri May 14 14:44:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 10:36, stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:
> I have a iPhone, and in order to load muusic on it, I need to run iTunes. I
> do not have any Windows (or for that matter Mac) computers. I figured I
> could get this done using VirtualBox, and an XP image, but every time I
> strat iTunes in a VirtualBox XP instance. I get a Windows "program crash"
> message.
>
> Has anyone made this work?

I haven't run iTunes inside a windows VM, but for testing purposes I
keep XP and Win7 images and run those from time to time.

The question is, what are you running, and what VirtualBox?  And when
do you get the crash message... does it kill the VM, or just iTunes?

FWIW, I don't use the OSE version, I use the VBox packages pulled
directly from Sun.

Cheers
Jeff