Submited bug. Please review: User Switcher crashes on user B, user A can work only in text mode.

chris chevhq at gmail.com
Fri May 14 04:57:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 12:00 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
> On Friday, May 14, 2010 09:14 AM, Tom H wrote:
> > On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Christopher Chan
> > <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>  wrote:

<snip>
> But I don't what to do for those that have not received any love from
> their maintainer in a while because things have mainly been working
> until some big change comes up that they missed like switching from init
> to Upstart - like the daemontools package. I guess you can't complain
> too much for something like that that is not in the main repo though.

Which does not however mitigate what I consider the main issues, in the
demonic race to have a new release every 6 months.

I still maintain that this is the basis of the issues we all face.  It
is easy to say that we should file bug reports etc, but when you are
looking after hundreds of machines, the problems of normal maintenance
are enough with out "immature distros" being released.
Just my personal take on the issue,
Cheers the kiwi