Extremely slow SFTP, but fast SSH?

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Thu May 13 19:50:06 UTC 2010

When logging in to my desktop with SFTP, the connection is limited to
around 1 (yes, one) kilobyte per second. It can take over a minute to
respond to "ls" in my home folder.
It seems to be a routing problem. When I'm at the desktop, logging in to
127.0.0.1 or the local IP-address (192.0.x.x) results in a fast
connection. But when I log in to my external IP address (84.106.195.207
at the moment), the connection is as slow as mentioned above.
The strange thing is, that when I log in using ssh or ssh -X, the
connection does work at full speed. So that implies that there's nothing
wrong with the routing after all. Unless there's a difference between the
two that I'm not aware of.

Can anyone help me out?

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com