Why do I get the Recovery Menu on every reboot?

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Thu May 13 10:48:11 UTC 2010

Tom H writes:

> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Alex Schuster <wonko at wonkology.org>
> wrote:

> > So, does anyone have a quick idea what is going on? And how I can get
> > rid of this menu?
>
> It looks like your grub menu is defaulting to a "single"/"recovery"
> entry.

Whoops. You are right. My apologies, this was a really stupid error on my
side.

> So the solution MAY be to run "sudo update-grub"

I kept the old grub installation from Fedora, and only added another entry
for Ubuntu. This way I did not change the current setup, and we can still
boot the old system if we like. Well, and I do not know much about the new
grub yet.
And yes, the 'single' is there, I overlooked it when copying the entry
from the other Ubuntu install. Thanks for the quick help, I guess it will
be fine now.

	Wonko