what means it that firefox keeps greying out?

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Thu May 13 09:24:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 14:54, sktsee <sktsee at tulsaconnect.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2010 11:35:33 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

>> I think it might be:
>> /apps/compiz/plugins/fade/screen0/options/dim_unresponsive
>
> Ah yes, I stopped searching too soon. Disabling it entirely would be the
> preferred solution. Good catch. For ccsm users the dim setting is in the
> Fade configuration located in the Effects section.

Just out of curiosity, why would you WANT to disable this? The dimming
of the window is a good visual indicator that the system has
increasingly limited resources or some app is stuck doing something
heavy (be it an app moving large amounts of data around on a disk or
network, or a FF extension gone nuts).

In any case, the dimming itself doesn't cause the problem, the problem
is caused by the app....

Like I said, just curios.  I'd much rather prefer the dimming windows
as a very obvious visual indicator than just NOT have a window dim,
appear to be running, and yet be completely unresponsive.