Submited bug. Please review: User Switcher crashes on user B, user A can work only in text mode.

chris chevhq at gmail.com
Thu May 13 03:44:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 19:42 -0700, Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Juan R. de Silva
> <juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> > On my laptop I upgrade every 6 months. I'm willing to experiment and I do
<snip>
> means Long Term Support. That would imply that the support for that
> given version will be longer than that of the others. It has no
> connotation around "Bug-free" or "Stable".
>
> If you need a completely stable system, you should try the LTS and be
> careful with what you do. If that fails you, you should try debian
> stable. I hope you find what you need.
> :)
>
> ~SpaceGhost

How ever the designation of LTS does imply to the "average" user that
the system is stable and bug free.  At least more so than windows.

The reality is that it isn't, and for the more technically challenged,
it is a nightmare to triage and fix.

You are lucky that you have the technical knowledge and know how to do
so.  The bulk of the worlds desktop users don't, and that is the end
market Mr Shutlleworth is aiming for.

regards the kiwi