10.04 failures and an apology

Willis Taylor th1bill at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 12 20:59:24 UTC 2010

On 05/12/2010 12:40 PM, ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
> Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 11:39:17 -0600 From: Karl Larsen
> <klarsen1 at gmail.com> Subject: Re: 10.04 failures and an apology To:
> "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
> <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Message-ID:
> <4BEAE7C5.9010702 at gmail.com> Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed On 05/12/2010 07:54 AM, Ian Coetzee
> wrote:
>>
>           As I wrote today my laptop is using 10.04 and EVERYTHING works.
> I checked this computer and still many things do not work. I now know it
> IS a failure in this computer and I plan to rebuild it soon. My problems
> sound like a problem in the mother board. Something is not working that
> causes the USB ports to not work.
>
>       I thought that since everything works when booted into version
> 8.04, it should work the same in 10.04. This appears to be a bad
> comparison and I will never use it again. I have been thinking about
> re-building this computer and this experience gives it more of a chance
> to change soon.
>

> 73 Karl

Karl,
As an elder I have spoken to you in the past about your responsibility
but here I am again.  Anyone over the age of fifty should have gotten a
hold on themselves by the time the fifty mark passes but you are the
busiest elder I know at making fools out of us all.  Most of the time I
just blow you off as a fool but then every once in a while you dig down
to such a depth that it merits an old man's comments.  I have been
computing since the seventies and I have encountered a lot of people
that fly off the handle in that time.  In combat the enemy usually made
short work of them and sometimes they died of friendly fire.  In the
computer world, most folks do not carry a weapon, so they will not kill
you but you sure make folks not want your presence.

--
Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor