what means it that firefox keeps greying out?

sktsee sktsee at tulsaconnect.com
Wed May 12 19:02:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, 12 May 2010 19:27:01 +0100, Ollie Killingback wrote:

> It would help me to know what the ping delay is - if I'm going to make a
> change to something I'd prefer to have some idea of what I am doing and
> why.
>
> Ollie K

[snip]

http://wiki.compiz.org/GeneralOptions

Ping Delay

Windows that stop responding become greyed out after a certain amount of
time passes. This setting tells Compiz how long to wait, in milliseconds.

As NoOp pointed out in his followup, you can disable the the dimming
action entirely with the gconf-editor and unchecking the /apps/compiz/
plugins/fade/screen0/options/dim_unresponsive key, or going into ccsm/
Effects/Fading Windows and unchecking the Dim Unresponsive Settings
setting.

--
sktsee