10.04? No thanks, I give up!

Johnneylee Rollins johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com
Wed May 12 18:47:46 UTC 2010

<snip>

> Of course I do, that is why I chose to use it, as it is *appropriate*.
>
> Your attempt to disparage my message by relegating my action to "flash
> it around" is noted.
>
> Trying to silence critical views in this manner and the manner you have
> chosen in the rest of your post and the demeaning manner of your final
> paragraph show a similar fascist attitude to views you disagree with,
> so it is not surprising that you would come to the rescue for
> jonnyboy....
>
> Perhaps you should clarify what the word "fascism" means and examine a
> few real world examples to help you get the meaning and how widespread
> it is today.

An argument is always at it's most juvenile when someone pulls the
'nazi', 'hitler', or 'fascist' card. Sad it got there so quick.
The idea is that, unless you're willing to make it better, either with
money or skills, you can't really whine that much and have anything
done about it. The end users in the F/OSS world are really just that,
they aren't people that we programmers have to, or even necessarily
want to make happy beyond what we do. So instead of threatening the
community with taking your 'clients' and moving to a more sane distro,
we have no qualms with that. Throwing a fit doesn't help and only
shows ones age.

I hope you and these client people you have waiting behind you fair
well in other distros, like it was previously mentioned there is
distrowatch.com
Perhaps you might be interested in debian stable.

I wish the person who chose to call me a fascist would at least not do
it so publicly, maybe add reasons why I might sound fascist. For now,
I call troll until proven untrollish.

~SpaceGhost