Laptop and 10.04

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed May 12 18:22:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, 12 May 2010, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:

> Karl,
> Karl Larsen said the following on 12/05/10 16:39:
> >      I have a about 1 year old HP CQ50 139WM which has a 160 GB HD, 2 MB
> > RAM dual cpu  64 bit 10.04 installed.
>
> Go to www.blogger.com, create an account and post these "everything
> successful" messages there as much as you like it.
>
> I don't see many others posting the status of every Ubuntu
> installation they have in their house/workplace every hour. I have 2
> PCs and four laptops right here on my desk, shall I spam you with
> "Everything's fine!" messages every so often?

  you're wasting your breath, hakan.  while i'm new to ubuntu (and i
really wanted to avoid getting into this discussion), i have plenty of
experience with karl from his time on the fedora mailing list, where
his behaviour differed not a scintilla from what it does today.

  unsurprisingly, karl's contributions to the fedora list were totally
predictable:

* vague, incomplete complaints about things that were somehow broken,
and this was clearly a "bug" that he was going to report,

* sudden resolution of the "bug", accompanied by rapturous joy about
how this was the greatest OS out there,

* inexplicable re-occurrence of bug, whereupon said OS was suddenly
unacceptably error-filled and should never have been released,

* a determined insistence to ignore every piece of good advice given
to him on the list, invariably followed by

* a revelation as to how to fix his current "bug", which was
inevitably a massively ill-informed and dangerous idea, resulting in
catastrophic damage to his system, which only reinforced his idea that
it was all the OS's fault, and everyone else on the list was to blame.

* oh, and constant postings about how something worked for him.  over
and over and over and over.

  do i have that about right?  and on that note, i will get back to
work.

rday

p.s.  many of us pleaded with karl to get a blog where he could wax
eloquent to his heart's content.  an exercise in futility.