what means it that firefox keeps greying out?

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Wed May 12 18:05:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>  but i think the question was ... what specifically is controlling
> the graying of the FF client?  i used fedora for years and, even when
> FF was dragging the system to its knees, i never saw that phenomenon.
> is this a GNOME setting?  i don't necessarily want to turn it off, i
> just want to know who's responsible for it.

The answer I think then is probably X itself, and possibly that the
Ubuntu guys are using a different patch set than Fedora. I've seen  a
fair amount of it in both Gnome, and XFCE, so it seems to be desktop
independent. To my knowledge there is no way to turn it off, and
turning it off would have no impact on the underlying cause(s) any
way.

It seems to me older versions of Ubuntu did not do this. Possibly it
was introduced around 8.10.

--
Hal