Network Connection problems after Upgrade to 10.04 LTS, from 08.04 LTS

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Tue May 11 22:09:51 UTC 2010

Folks,
cc:NoOp

The laptop I am using is a Dell Latitude C610. I have a Linksys Wireless-G card
WPC54GS ver.2 as well, however the connection I am trying to make right now is a
plain vanilla eth0.

I have no other OS available on the system. I do not have a liveCD available.

I double checked /etc/hosts, /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/resolv.conf agree
with the other systems in my network.

ifconfig shows: (as desired)

  Inet addr:192.168.139.8 Bcast:192.168.139.15 Mask:255.255.255.240

it is up and running I can ping my nameserver/gateway, however, none of the
other systems or the outside world is reachable. Nor can I ping the laptop from
one of them, other that the nameserver/gateway

There is some external traffic since the Invest applet is being updated.

I have noted a route that should not be present, at least it is not on my other
systems. How can that route be removed? I have tried to issue a route del
command but evidently I do not have a proper request created because the command
returns an error SIOCDELRT: No such device and nothing is changed. The command I
am using is:

sudo route del 192.168.139.0 mateo

192.168.139.0 mateo is not a route present on my other systems.

Cheers,
Jay
--

Jay Ridgley