/home/karl/

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 20:06:14 UTC 2010

On 05/11/2010 01:58 PM, Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>          Sorry you do not understand the problem :-[
>>
> <snip>
>
> Your problem is configuration issues in your /home/Karl partition that
> conflict. I know how to read and furthermore I know how to read
> instructions. You can do what you like, but make sure that if you
> don't follow what people tell you will work, that you do not blame
> them when it fails.
>
> The advice that was given to you was to take the current /home/Karl
> partition and mount it as /media/Data or /home/Karl/Data inside each
> install. That way your configs are not messed up across versions. I
> think I understand the problem very well, the place where we differ is
> that I also understand the advice people gave.
>
> Hope you figure it out to your liking,
> ~SpaceGhost

     Here is THE problem. The entire /home/karl/  directory has 33 GB of
stuff. This is LARGE, TOO LARGE.

     I need to sort through this 33GB and take out just the stuff to
allow things to work. Right now I am plotting out how to get a much
smaller /home/karl/ that will work. Then figure out what will go in the
/home/karl/data/ directory.

Much harder than I thought :-[

73 Karl

--