Common HOME over many versions

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 02:49:36 UTC 2010

     I, by myself decided to have a partition loaded by /etc/fstab that
is my huge collection of things picked up over years. What I forgot was
that with each new version I wrote a new "thunderbird" information for
the latest version at /home/karl/.thunderbird. It would overwrite what
was there for it's thunderbird.

     Since 10.04 is the newest version using the common /home/karl it
put it's .thunderbird there and this Thunderbird works fine, but all
other versions are "broke" . This is really bad since some of my
hardware things do not work on 10.04 but work fine on the 9.10 version.
But I can't be there because the Thunderbird does not work on 9.10.

     So I will sleep on this mess and do something right soon.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User