10.04? No thanks, I give up!

chris chevhq at gmail.com
Tue May 11 01:26:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 21:21 +0100, zongo saiba wrote:

> > I always have problens with the video and totem. So I still with
> > hardy.
>
> What I would like to understand really is why regressive bugs? I had
> sound in 9.10 on my external speakers and I could use my internal
> microphone out the box. In 10.04, I had to modify alsa-base.conf in
> order to use my external speakers in such a way that now I am unable to
> use my internal microphone. The point being not the issue of not using
> my internal microphone but more why a regressive bug ? How can that
> happen and most importantly why?

Until the Ubuntu developers get it through their (collective) heads,
that releasing a new version every six months, is always going to give
buggy unstable distors , then we as consumers are going to be stuck with
these raw unfinished products.

8.04 is stable works across all my machines (6 in total) and does not
give any hardware issues.
9.04 is becoming stable  but from there on out I have had nothing but
problems and regressive bugs
As I work, I cannot afford to spend hours triaging these issues

Cheers  the kiwi