New to group.

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun May 9 16:37:03 UTC 2010

On Sun, 9 May 2010, Doug Leonard wrote:

> It boots up and loads. Tested cdrom and it tests good. Version 10.04
> was doing the same thing with the beta versions so I went back to
> 9.10. like I said, everything will load / installĀ  fine. Just will
> not load the window style interface.

  first, which CD/DVD did you load from?  if it was the server CD, i
suspect that doesn't install X, being a server CD and all.

  if you know you loaded all of the graphical components and you
*know* they should be running, it may be a non-supported (or
poorly-supported) video card.  what's your video card?  and take a
look at the X log file /var/log/Xorg.0.log for diagnostics.  that will
generally tell you what's gone horribly, horribly wrong.

rday