Backgrounds for desktops/workspaces

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun May 9 12:38:53 UTC 2010

On 09/05/10 22:25, Henry Dubb wrote:

>     Again, thanks for this info.
>
>     Somebody told me about this a while ago but now I finally got it
>     working
>     after you reminded me of it. Working OK, but have to admit that the
>     change-over from wallpaper to wallpaper for each desktop is not
>     instant
>     right now.
>
> Yes there is a slight delay 3 s for me. The site states its a Gnome
> issue, the same delay if you change wallpaper via desktop.
>
>     Perhaps this will improve with later versions of Wallpapoz -
>     I certainly hope so. However at the moment it is certainly a lot
>     better
>     than always staring at the same wallpaper for each of the desktops.
>
> Well my understanding is its no longer in development. This is the
> last update.

Oh, now that is really wonderful :-( . All that wasted time in
downloading and getting it to work is now a write-off :-( .

BTW, if you install it and get it configured under Compiz, you will need
to start all over again if you deselect Compiz - and vice-versa.

BC

--
Property monopolized or in possession of a few is a curse to mankind.

                            John Adams - 1765