Ubuntu 10.04 forgets some settings…

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Sun May 9 09:32:17 UTC 2010

On Sun, 9 May 2010 11:14:37 +0200
Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe I wasn't clear enough: First I installed the Live version on the
> USB, but then I booted to the USB-stick, clicked the Install Icon on
> its desktop and installed the REAL version on sda1 (/), sda5 (/boot),
> sda6 (/var) and sda7 (swap). I also told the installer that sda8
> should be used as /home, but it shouldn't be formatted, since I have a
> lot of stuff there that I want to keep.
> All these things worked as expected and Ubuntu 10.04 is now installed
> on the partitions I mentioned. I installed some extra stuff too and
> they are installed and working every time I boot my computer.
>
> In case it matters, my complete ”partition map” looks like this:
> sda1: Ubuntu – / – ext4
> sda5: Ubuntu – /boot – ext4
> sda6: Ubuntu – /var – ext4
> sda7: Linux swap
> sda8: Ubuntu – /home – ext4
> sda9: OpenSUSE – / – ext4
> sda10: Empty partition for future experimenting with other distros –
> ext4
>
> Regards

Sorry, my bad.
I don't use compiz, like you said, it's not cancer research or
something like that.  :)   So I shall leave you to others to help out.
But it may be good to check out your fstab if all the necessary
partitions are mounted as well; especially if the other settings ,
say, panel settings do not stick as well.

Again, apologies for misunderstanding your message.

Regards, take care - Goh Lip