How To Set Sound Settings

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Sat May 8 18:11:11 UTC 2010

Hey Listee's,

I am trying to set my sound settings under Ubuntu 9.10. I am using the
digital output on my sound card to feed my amp which is a 5.1 hardware
decoder. (I have this box dual boot with Windows and everything in
Windows is working so I know everything works from a hardware point of
view)

The problem I am facing is that within my sound preferences in Ubuntu
I can pick many options such as digital out, analogue out etc but the
only digital option is in stereo? Here is a screen shot;
http://i43.tinypic.com/nn5lq1.png

In Windows I have chosen 5.1 digital out which is what I want and it
works a treat, however as per the screen shot I can only have 2.0
digital out on Ubuntu, how can I set up a new sound profile like the
ones in the list?

--
Regards,
James.