usb raid1 pendrive boot

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Fri May 7 16:34:14 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 01:21:09PM +0200, Jozsi Vadkan wrote:
> Did anyone managed to boot from RAID1?

Yes.

> Lenny gives this error message:
>
> "mdadm: no devices found for /dev/md0"

This is an Ubuntu list; chances are you'll get better support for Lenny
if you ask on a Debian list.

> I just want to install Debian Lenny on two pendrives [in sRAID1], so
> that the HDD's in the pc can be used only as ""data containers"", but it
> gives this error message.

I've been booting from Software RAID-1 partitions in both Ubuntu and
Debian; things generally just work for me.

Is your /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf correct?  Does your initramfs image
contain support for RAID-1?

Marius Gedminas
--
Writing setattr hooks properly is a black art. Writing persistent
setattr hooks is more like hearding bees blindfolded...