problem with appearances

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Fri May 7 02:14:28 UTC 2010

On 07/05/10 08:06, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> I can not enable visual effects under appearances in 10.04.  The
> options are grayed out.  Worked in 9.1.  This is a Dell 10 mini.
> Clean install of 10.04.
>
> How can I get this working?  I think there is a repository I can add
> but can not find any mention of it.
>
> thanks
>
> gary

This means that you do not have the driver for your video (card)
installed; without it you won't be able to activate the visual effects.
Go System>Administration>Hardware Drivers and install the necessary driver.

BC

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                                                     Galileo Galilei