Well... on 10.04 Audio (Again) and Thunderbird Crashing

zongo saiba zongosaiba at gmail.com
Thu May 6 08:28:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:58 AM, Franklin S Werren
<admin at chautauqualake.net> wrote:

> On 05/05/2010 06:54 PM, Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Franklin S Werren
>> <admin at chautauqualake.net>  wrote:
>>

>>> Well, On my Pavilion dv7-3165dx I lost my audio on the upgrade
>>> and Thunderbird Crashes during startup unless I disconect from the net
>>> during startup.... (Actually I liked the old Thunderbird)
>>>
>>> Ideas ?
>>>

>> Thunderbird 3 crashes in my system  (Lucid AMD64) if I configure and
>> try to fetch mail from an Aim/Aol IMAP account, even with a brand new
>> profile (Default: "Check for new messages at startup"). The crash is
>> so severe  that there's no way to recover but delete all the account
>> info at: /home/[user]/.thunderbird/[profile]/imap/aim. A Gmail/Imap
>> account doesn't affect TBird 3. Neither Evolution nor TBird 2 behave
>> this way.
>>
>> Bug reported at:
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thunderbird/+bug/561218
>>

> According to the Bug Report ... It appears that AOL IMAP seems to cause the problem,
> and I had 2 different accounts set up on AOL. I will keep an eye on this.
>
> BTW: I forgot to say this is a AMD and the 64 bit OS
>
> --
>
> Franklin S Werren admin at chautauqualake.net
> www.chautauqualake.net
>
> Confidentiality Note:  This email and any attachments are confidential and may contain privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and remove the email and any attachments from your system without storing, disclosing or copying all, or any part of it. The content of this email and attachments may contain data that falls within the scope of the Data Protection Act 1998. The unauthorized opening, use, recording, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden under the Data Protection Act 1998.

Get the output of this:

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec

And then check if you can get the chipset of your card with the right
codecs here

 http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-kmirror.git;a=summary

You need to first search in the git database as per your Alsa version.
You might just find the right configuration for your sound card.

Kind Regards

zongo