{SPAM} How to Uninstall Ubuntu ?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed May 5 13:19:17 UTC 2010

Quoting Ioannis Vranos <cppdeveloper at ontelecoms.gr>:

> On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 20:59 -0700, harold valiente wrote:
>> Thanks for the advice Guys,
>>
>> All I wanted is to learn Linux  basics (shell).... I have Ubuntu now
>> installed at my PC ..
>> I just don't want to waste the book a I just bought .. huh huh
>>
>> Maybe post it on ebay hahahahh
>
> Fedora is not as reliable and stable as Ubuntu is. I have test
> installations of both Debian, Fedora.
>
> The current stable Linux version of Red Hat, is Red Hat Enterprise Linux
> 5.
>
> The free compatible versions of it, are CentOS 5 and Scientific Linux 5,
> which are stable, but regarding software versions, they are very old.

   let's not start any flame wars here.  as a long-time fedora user, i can
safely say that fedora is comparably stable WRT ubuntu.  also, yes, the
centos releases are starting to get a bit dated WRT packages but centos 5
has been out for a long time, and there is already a RHEL 6 beta available:

http://www.redhat.com/rhel/beta/

that will act as the basis for the subsequent centos 6.

rday