Problems with the proxy settings

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Wed May 5 11:49:51 UTC 2010

Hi

SInce I use 10.4 I have a problem with the proxy settings everytime
when I switch from work environment to home environment or vice versa.
In 9.10 I get the proxy settings at login and just selected "No Proxy"
(@home) and "manual proxy" (@work) and this worked without problem.
Since 10.4 I do the same, but two things are weird:

1. I have to do a "apply global" and then I have to enter twice my password
2. not all application sense the change in proxy, eg. rhytmbox uses
the previous proxy settings and require a logout/login before it will
connect to a radio stream.

Is this "normal" behavior or do I file a bug?

bye/Alain