nm-applet disappeared

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed May 5 06:27:45 UTC 2010

On 04/05/10 22:03, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 12:27 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> (But as a side-effect which came about with me fooling around with the
>> top panel is that I accidentally deleted the normal SHUTDOWN icon which
>> is installed by default.
>>

> It is the indicator-applet-session.

Ioannis, I have already responded to your post and this is a follow-up.

I should have known better...... :-) .

A short time ago I went to my "test-bed"[1] installation of 10.04 to
check on a couple of things. I remembered about the
'indicator-applet-session' so decided to have a look to see if it was
installed by default on the "test-bed". Yep, it was!

I learnt years ago that one gets a different result when one re-installs
or installs on another set of HDs an operating system :-) .

BC

[1] "Test-bed" in my case is simply another matched pair of HDs which I
swap on the same computer with my "main" OS installation; all my HDs are
sitting in cradles.

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                                                     Galileo Galilei