Prompt=lts do-release-upgrade does not seem to work

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 14:18:38 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 7:57 AM, Hakan Koseoglu <hakan at koseoglu.org> wrote:
> On 3 May 2010 20:35, Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You cannot use update-manager on a server, unless you have installed X
>> on it (in which case it is not a "real" server).
> Explain the logic please. :)
> There are plenty of cases where you would like to have X libraries +
> binaries on a server (/me shakes his fist at Oracle)

We have a few thousand RHEL servers, at least 75% of which run Oracle
and 100% are X-less, so you do not need X for Oracle.

If you install Ubuntu Server, it defaults to an X-less install.

If I were to ask my past and present sysadmin colleagues what they
thought of an admin who installs X on a server, the guaranteed
expletives deleted) "a PIA", "an amateur admin", "an incompetent
admin", ...