Installation problem, partly solved

Alan Duval amoht at westnet.com.au
Tue May 4 12:38:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, 03 May 2010 14:52:54 +0300
Ioannis Vranos wrote:

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 17:46 +1000, Alan Duval wrote:

> > Did that. It's driver wasn't enabled so I enabled it in GOS but that didn't make any difference to GOS.
> >
> > How would one enable it with another OS if there's a problem with installation?
>

  >> Haven't you installed Ubuntu completely?

No! Tried again to install Ubuntu but installation stops at about 37%

Decided to wipe the disk and then put it in my other PC which has an ASUS M2V-TVM motherboard.
Then installed Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and booted it so that I could enable the drivers.
Then put it in the PC with the ASUS M3A motherboard and lo and behold I can boot into Ubuntu and
can open Open Office and Firefox without the screen freezing.

  >> Also try running memtest86+.

Did that! No problem.

Haven't tried installing Ubuntu 9.04 using the same procedure but I'm happy that I've been able to get
8.04 working.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Alan Duval