ubuntu-tweak

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon May 3 15:17:34 UTC 2010

On 04/05/10 00:34, andrew clarke wrote:
> On Sun 2010-05-02 20:02:33 UTC-0400, Fred A. Miller (fmiller at lightlink.com) wrote:
>

>> I am interested to know why ubuntu-tweak isn't included IN the "base"
>> 32-bit and 64-bit releases. It's a very worthwhile application for any
>> user, but in particular for those new to Ubuntu.
>>
> It's would say because for the audience Ubuntu is aiming at,
> ubuntu-tweak is very much non-essential.
>
> It's a great little app but some of the options may lead to some
> people "shooting themselves in the foot" so to speak, so perhaps it's
> best left for more advanced users to install later should they feel
> the need.  And it's not difficult to install :-)

Yep, the old "You can't go in the water until you have learnt how to
swim" routine.....

In the Main Menu settings there are quite a number of items which are
not displayed by default - but they can be made to be shown. There is no
reason why Tweak cannot be one such "hidden-until-wanted" items.

BC

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                                                     Galileo Galilei