Prompt=lts do-release-upgrade does not seem to work

Ruben Laban r.laban at ism.nl
Mon May 3 13:13:00 UTC 2010

On Monday 03 May 2010 at 15:02 (CET), Tomoki Taniguchi wrote:
> our company has a bunch of 8.04 servers.
> I want to start upgrading them to the latest LTS version
>
> i run "sudo do-release-upgade"  but it keeps returning "No new release
> found"
>
> has anyone gotten do-release-upgrade working for an LTS server?

I think this is intended behaviour. For now atleast, around the time 10.04.1
will be released, it will start working as you'd expect. Until then, you can
most likely use the -d flag to get to Lucid anyway.
This is based on some comments I vaguely recall from #ubuntu-server a while
ago, so I could be wrong.

--
Regards,

Ruben Laban
Senior Systems and Network Administrator
ISM eCompany