Upgrading

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Mon May 3 04:15:08 UTC 2010

On Sun, 02 May 2010 12:25:21 -0600
Karl Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>      My entire Linux experience has been installing the new version.
> I have version 8.05 on my computer and for a learning experience I
> would like to upgrade it to 8.10. How do you do this? I use sudo
> aptitiude upgrade all the time to upgrade the current system. How do
> I get it to upgrade to another version?
>
> 73 Karl
>
> ps: I checked all my books. They do not cover this

The Ubuntu Way is with the Update-Manager.
At the terminal issue the command:
sudo update-manager -d
and it will show if there is a new version available.

Just:
update-manager
without the -d will allow you to update the
existing version of Ubuntu.

Of course, with either command I command that you must follow the
following prompts promptly.

Or sumpin...

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs