Wordpress Content Disappears

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Sun May 2 22:18:41 UTC 2010

Hal Burgiss wrote...

> $site_url/wp-content/plugins. So for you something like
> '/var/www/blog/wp-content/plugins' would a standard location. But
> perhaps they've altered that. Anyway, Warnings should not cause
> missing content. The Error I mention, *could*.

Yes.

> It certainly seems that Ubuntu has gone to php5.3 and WP is not yet
> supporting that (just judging from all the warnings from
> wp-settings.php which is a stock Wordpress file). That by itself is
> not necessarily a show stopper. But there are some significant
> differences from php5.2 to 5.3.

Yes.  Would have thought that the WP developers would have taken care
of that with the 3.0 beta 1 release.  I suppose the final release might
have php 5.3 support.  Then again, may be not.  Jeff Waugh -
http://bethesignal.org/ - tells me he has been using 10.04 with WP3
for some weeks.  I'll have to ask him how he did it.  Not sure what he
did.

Richard
http://www.sheflug.org.uk