Lucid LiveCD

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sun May 2 15:12:00 UTC 2010

On 05/02/2010 05:03 AM, Graham Todd wrote:
> On Sat, 01 May 2010 05:52:29 -0600
> Karl Larsen<klarsen1 at gmail.com>  uttered these words:
>

>>   The "new&   improved" (again if
>>
>>> I'm not paying attention&   don't hit a key) zips right off to the
>>> "international symbols". I wonder how well disabled folks are
>>> accepting this change.
>>>
> [snipped]
>
> Well, I can't speak for other disabled people, but as I've been caught
> out by this particular change a couple of times, THIS particular
> disabled person doesn't like it.  And if I can return to a much-visited
> subject, I also have difficulty with having the close/minimise/maximise
> symbols on the left.
>
> As these comments will be true for anybody disabled trying or returning
> to Ubuntu, I think they are germane, but I apologise for hijacking a
> thread - if that's what I've done.
>
> BTW does anyone know how I can put the symbols back on the right?  Or
> will I have to stay with Karmic, or move from Ubuntu?

         I think we need a way to tell disabled people how to change
Ubuntu 10.04 to emulate an earlier version. The problems are doing this
and writing it down in clear form, and deciding which earlier version to
emulate.

     This writer wants it to emulate Karmic. I think a general thing
would emulate 8.04 and will recommend that.

     I think I could do this, but it would be a lot of work.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User