can not add data to partion

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat May 1 18:37:37 UTC 2010

On 05/01/2010 12:23 PM, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> I created a new partition, called Data.  Gparted called it sda6.  I
> need to be able to store data on this partition and can not seem to
> find any instructions on how to accomplish this, at least on a level I
> understand.
>
> This should be simple and I just can not find it searching the net.
>
> Thanks
>
> gary

     When you make a new partition called /dev/sda6 I know it is in a
extended partition. But until you make a file system and format that you
can not use the new partition. It might be a lot simpler to make a new
directory with mkdir Data and put your stuff there?

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User