Looking For Info On Updating Firefox & Open Office

Nathan Bahn nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 15:58:10 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 03/28/2010 07:49 PM, Nathan Bahn wrote:
> >
> > T.T.--
> >
> > I guess that I should have been explicit about my reasons for wanting the
> > latest updates of Firefox and Open Office.  It's not for me; it's for one
> of
> > my housemates.  She has a Yahoo! email account; and an email that she was
> > printing out would only come out in something like size 8 font.  I tried
> > copying and pasting to Open Office and Open Office crashed whenever I
> tried
> > to print the resulting document.  What I ended up doing was -- from her
> > computer --  to forward her email from her Yahoo! email account to my
> Gmail
> > account.  Then (again, from her computer) I accessed my Gmail account and
> > used Firefox to print up the said email in readable font size.
> >
> > I could be wrong, but it seems to me that for whatever reason that that
> > version of Firefox does not play well with either Yahoo! or Open Office.
> > That is why I want to upload the latest versions of Firefox and Open
> Office
> > onto her machine; I want to see if the latest version of Firefox can
> print a
> > readable font-sized email, or (failing that) if the latest versions of
> > Firefox and Open Office can be induced (via the clipboard) to print
> > something at a readable font size.
> >
> > Anyway, I'm now going to see if that that housemate is still up will let
> me
> > work on her computer at this hour.
> >
> > --N.B.
> >

> Well I hate to tell you this, but changing to Firefox 3.6.x will not
> change any of that. Only changing the properties in the Firefox page
> setup (File|Page Setup) will (google is your friend).
>
> As for the OOo copy & paste html issue; that's a well known bug that is
> not present in the standard OOo:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/116750
> [[ooo-build<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/116750%0A[[ooo-build>]
> word processor exits without error after paste of html text]
> and was fixed some time ago.

Well, this is what  happened (more or less, anyway):  I tried to install
OOo3.2 and Package Installer responds, "Error: Dependency is not
satisfyable: OOobasis3.2-en-us".  Right now I'm reinstalling OOo3.1
--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)