lucid screensavers

Laura Conrad lconrad at laymusic.org
Tue Mar 30 03:11:57 UTC 2010

    Fred> On 03/29/2010 11:12 AM, Laura Conrad wrote:
    >> I've tried both xscreensaver, which seeems to have some screensavers
    >> that crash X, and gnome-screensaver, which on my system doesn't seem
    >> to have any screensavers (except blank) at all.  Is there something
    >> I'm supposed to install that I don't know about?  Or are the
    >> gnome-screensaver maintainers just waiting until the screensavers work
    >> to have gnome-screensaver run them?
    >>

    Fred> Laura, what make video chipset is in the 'puter? The
    Fred> answer(s) you seek depend on that info.

It's a Thinkpad r50e.  Googling gives:

Intel 855GM AGP 4X  Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Intel

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Of course you cannot really play a fugue in three continuous parts on
the violin, but by dint of doublestopping and dodging from one part to
another, you can evoke a hideous ghost of a fugue that will pass
current if guaranteed by Bach and Joachim.

George Bernard Shaw, _London Music in 1888-89_, quoted in Ross
Duffin's _How Equal Temperament Ruined Harmony_