Dialup in Lucid

chris chevhq at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 01:01:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 15:35 +0000, sktsee wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:15:32 +1300, chris wrote:
>
> > Ha anyone successfully used dial-up in Lucid Ubuntu 10.04? If so can
> > they explain how?
> > regards
> > Chris
>
> Shouldn't be any different from previous versions. I use pppconfig to
> create a dialing profile and then use pon/poff scripts to control the
> modem. If you list all the steps you've taken to setup your dial-up
> networking and the type and model of your modem, hopefully we'll be able
> to figure out where you're having trouble.
>
> --
> sktsee

Thank you for your reply,
i have successfully configured dialup in every flavour of Ubuntu upto
Lucid, using pppconfig.

In luicid how ever I can connect to my isp, but cannot use evolution or
Firefox.
My scripts and modem have been the same since Ubuntu 6.04
This is why I am baffled.

I will post a copy of my pppconfig file.

I mainly use wvdial, which again has worked on every version up to
Lucid.
Wvdial, will not even connect with lucid

Does this help?
cheers Chris