Ubuntu 9.10 Hangs Frequently

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Mon Mar 29 14:06:42 UTC 2010

If things respond (you say mouse right button) then it could be a
graphics driver problem.

Or simply some application grabbing control of the HID... have you tried
pressing the ALT, Control, Shift keys in various combinations to see if
it "unlocks" the display.

Can you find some recurring pattern to what happens? Are you running a
specific application every time it happens? Does it happen if the
machine is idle (i.e. you are not touching anything)? Since you say 10
to 15 times a day, this means probably you just have to wait between 30
minutes and one hour to see if it happens directly.

Gilles.