Configuring INCOMING dial up in ubuntu

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 13:51:18 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Lou Katz <ubuntu at metron.com> wrote:

> I need to configure a machine so it can be dialed INTO, not out of, with a ppp or other
> such connection, not with the remote acting as a dumb terminal. All I have been able
> to find is how to set up dial-OUT. Any pointers will be appreciated.

You need to start a 'getty' process that accepts incoming.

Google around agetty or mgetty - mgetty does fax too so may be more complicated.

It should be pretty straightforward except most of the instructions
you find won't mention getting it running using 'upstart' - a little
extra digging there might be required.

Brian

--
Hey, it's your computer.... isn't it?