SV: Bug noted for Ubuntu 9.10 when changing boot order

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 29 03:55:50 UTC 2010

On 03/28/2010 04:48 PM, Kurt Poulsen wrote:
> No, I have not filed a bug report. Im am quite new to this forum and not
> aware of "the finer details"
> Kind regards
>
> Kurt

Please bottom post on this list. Thanks :-0

Ubuntu uses launchpad to report bugs. Here are a few links you may find
useful:

https://help.ubuntu.com/
 https://help.ubuntu.com/community
  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommonQuestions
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Glossary

Ubiquity is the package used in the liveCD install CD/DVD.

Given that you had issues installing 9.10 to 25 machines, I am wondering
exactly how you did these installs. Can you please detail?
Your answer will be helpful in determining if the issue is with Ubiquity
(liveCD/DVD), the AlternateCD, or some other installation method.

I also wonder about:
> However I found out that several of those PC's surviving installation failed
> after being without power for a day  or two, mainly because the backup
> battery was low on voltage (2.8V or lover) and the boot order I did chose
> before installation  HD, CD, Floppy, had changed  to Default Floppy, HD, CD.

I see no reason why installing 9.10 on your machines, removing the
power, and then finding your bios reverting to default would be an issue
with 9.10. I suspect that the issue might be with the
machines/environment. Again, if you can provide additional details then
perhaps someone can help you further (including filing a bug report).

In the interim, you might also want to have a look at these to see if
you can spot a similar bug report/issue:

https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text=Lenovo+ThinkCentre
<https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text=Lenovo+ThinkCentre+%2B9.10&field.actions.search=Search>
<https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text=Lenovo+ThinkCentre+%2Bkarmic&field.actions.search=Search>

https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text=NetVista
Note: you can do similar searches on NetVista for '9.10' and 'karmic' in
the same way I did it for ThinkCentre.
  The searches pretty much are the same as google (as are the
help.ubuntu.com searches), to you can try to narrow the search down to
something more specific. However, in order for anyone on this list to
assist further you'll need to provide more details.