Looking For Info On Updating Firefox & Open Office

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 29 03:30:01 UTC 2010

On 03/28/2010 07:49 PM, Nathan Bahn wrote:

> T.T.--
>
> I guess that I should have been explicit about my reasons for wanting the
> latest updates of Firefox and Open Office.  It's not for me; it's for one of
> my housemates.  She has a Yahoo! email account; and an email that she was
> printing out would only come out in something like size 8 font.  I tried
> copying and pasting to Open Office and Open Office crashed whenever I tried
> to print the resulting document.  What I ended up doing was -- from her
> computer --  to forward her email from her Yahoo! email account to my Gmail
> account.  Then (again, from her computer) I accessed my Gmail account and
> used Firefox to print up the said email in readable font size.
>
> I could be wrong, but it seems to me that for whatever reason that that
> version of Firefox does not play well with either Yahoo! or Open Office.
> That is why I want to upload the latest versions of Firefox and Open Office
> onto her machine; I want to see if the latest version of Firefox can print a
> readable font-sized email, or (failing that) if the latest versions of
> Firefox and Open Office can be induced (via the clipboard) to print
> something at a readable font size.
>
> Anyway, I'm now going to see if that that housemate is still up will let me
> work on her computer at this hour.
>
> --N.B.

Well I hate to tell you this, but changing to Firefox 3.6.x will not
change any of that. Only changing the properties in the Firefox page
setup (File|Page Setup) will (google is your friend).

As for the OOo copy & paste html issue; that's a well known bug that is
not present in the standard OOo:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/116750
[[ooo-build] word processor exits without error after paste of html text]
and was fixed some time ago.