[lucid] iPod Touch

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 27 23:52:10 UTC 2010

I was messing around transfering some songs from karmic to my jailbroken
iPod Touch (it's an 8Gb still at version 2.x). As many of you know it's
a pain to get it mounted, etc., etc. [1] And I never could get it
working properly in Rythmbox. On a whim I booted into lucid (no previous
ipod packages installed), plugged in the USB cable & not only was the
device instantly recognized, but I had the option to "Open Folder". The
device mounted instantly, and I was then given the option to launch
Rhythmbox... I thought, sure why not. Rhythmbox fired up, the device was
listed, I selected a song and... *it's alive - it played* !!

I'm totally amazed! So, then I figure I'd try it on an system that I had
upgraded from karmic to lucid - same thing, it works! I even managed to
stream from the ipod across the network w/pulseaudio.

So, with that revelation... has anyone tried lucid with a non-jailbroken
ipod touch? And if so, which version of virmware?

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PortableDevices/iPhone