nvidia 96 broken after kernel update

Henry Dubb henry.dubb at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 11:30:06 UTC 2010

I had a similar problem upon restart. I booted into previous kernals and
Ubuntu's with same effect. What I did do, stupidly, yesterday is try to use
the proprietary driver from Nvidea. The system worked fine natively but
needed the proprietary driver for advanced effects.

Which is to say it may have more to do with the driver than the kernal. Does
it work without activating the driver. My computer is back to normal without
activating the nvidea driver.