Grub2 and multiple boot different ubuntu versions

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Fri Mar 26 02:21:33 UTC 2010

On 03/26/2010 05:17 AM, Tom H wrote:

> I don't really understand this "own partition" option. Won't there
> still be one of the OSs whose update-grub will update grub.cfg?

I had written in separate thread on subject, The OS's grub will continue
be updated with each kernel change or update-grub, but the 'first grub'
will remain and will boot to the latest kernel of any OS.

Will appreciate you take a look and let me know any
issues/improvements/faults with this. Will welcome your comments.

Regards - Goh Lip