Headphones doesnot mute speakers on jaunty. (9.04)

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 25 19:35:18 UTC 2010

On 03/25/2010 04:28 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Vostro 1520

Try:

<https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text="Vostro+1520"&field.actions.search=Search>
<https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text="Vostro+1520"+%2Bsound&field.actions.search=Search>

Maybe useful:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal/+bug/126150>
[Comment #24 - you might try a karmic liveCD and see if it works]
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/382836>
[this is the bug that Frans pointed to. You should add to that bug
report mentioning that #6 did not work for you]

Have you installed alsamixer and checked to see if there is a headphone
option? Other than that, I don't know what else to suggest. Many of us
have the same issues on our laptops (Toshiba, HP, etc) w/intel/conexant
sound.