Grub2 and multiple boot different ubuntu versions

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 25 00:14:54 UTC 2010

On 03/24/2010 02:25 PM, Colin Law wrote:
> Many thanks to all for the suggestions, I have learned a lot from
> working through them.  I hope you will all not be upset if I decide to
> wimp out and just live with what I have, editing /etc/default/grub
> occasionally as required.  I think possibly the possibility of causing
> myself grief outweighs the benefit.

No worries & can't say as I blame you :-)

BTW: I just had a mass of updates on lucid and one of them was:
grub2 (1.98-1ubuntu2) lucid; urgency=low

That of course gave me the option to keep my existing bits, so I
selected yes. And of course it didn't, so I had to go back in and apply
Tom's mod's to the lucid /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober as well. Then
reinstall in karmic, etc. It's now back to normal... well almost; I of
course have 3 memory test entries that I need to clean up (one from
hardy, one from karmic, and one from lucid) as I only need one.